- Billy Beane: It's hard not to be romantic about baseball. This kind of thing, it's fun for the fans. It sells tickets and hot dogs. Doesn't mean anything.
- Peter Brand: Billy, we just won twenty games in a row.
- Billy Beane: And what's the point?
- Peter Brand: We just got the record.
- Billy Beane: Man, I've been doing this for... listen, man. I've been in this game a long time. I'm not in it for a record, I'll tell you that. I'm not in it for a ring. That's when people get hurt. If we don't win the last game of the Series, they'll dismiss us.
- Peter Brand: Billy...
- Billy Beane: I know these guys. I know the way they think, and they will erase us. And everything we've done here, none of it'll matter. Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something.
- loveisallthatremains likes this
- g-menfan reblogged this from killershot
- g-menfan likes this
- killershot reblogged this from stayforthecredits
- killershot likes this
- boybandsandbaseball reblogged this from stayforthecredits
- boybandsandbaseball likes this
- soy likes this
- eccentricaggie reblogged this from rvlvr
- murmurandshout likes this
- graceyu likes this
- stupidlittletuftybeard likes this
- neverindanger likes this
- stayforthecredits posted this